email@example.com scroll down the page for more!
Your textbook is HRW's Biology: Principles and Explorations. Find support at http://go.hrw.com/hrw.nd/gohrw_rls1/pKeywordResults?keyword=HX0%20HOME
Find the link to Massachusetts Biology Frameworks at the Department of Education http://www.doe.mass.edu/frameworks/scitech/2001/standards/ls9_101.html
Check out Kahn Academy's Biology lessons and other online support sites and let me know how well they work for you!
Logical flow/conventions: Take pride enough to write a good quality response that “hangs together”, uses the vocab terms effectively and Proof-read!!
In order to receive this credit, you are to complete the following on a clean sheet of paper, stapled to the front of the original…
Unit I.The Practice of Science
- Definition and construction of a hypothesis
- Theory as explanation
- Design of a controlled experiment
- Distinguish dependent from independent variable in a controlled experiment
- Qualities of reliable data
- The perspective/gestalt of science research
- The vital role of objective observation in collecting reliable data
- Graphing: Independent and dependent variables on correct axes, labels & units, setting appropriate axis-scales
- The utility of well-designed models
- The 4 qualities of reliable research: replicable, falsifiable, precise, straightforward
- Distinction between precision and accuracy
- The most reliable theories are solidly supported by experimental results from 3+ branches of a science
- Reliable science uses logic to analyze results and meticulously links cause and effect to describe relationships
- Occam’s razor: All else being held equal, the simplest explanation is usually correct
- Bias: the natural human tendency to wish for desired outcomes, overcome by conducting experiments rigorously and analyzing results honestly